Part of this business entails constantly seeking future opportunities in which to practise remote area science & engineering.
Projects take time to evolve but currently, the following projects are being progressed:
- GPR assessment of Mt Everest North Face,
- Radioglaciological assessment of the Bonar Glacier, NZ; a revisiting of a previous study site,
- Greenland man hauling traverse incorporating ice-cap geophysical assessment,
- Venture North 2018 North Pole Expedition to conduct sea-ice and polar oceanographic research,
- Geophysical/geotechnical assessment of Fiji’s sand islands, and
- The Outer Edge Polar Challenge; revised snow-sailer design and identification of future expedition opportunities.
It’s likely that not all of these will come to timely fruition.
However, please watch this space re. where next we’ll be refining our remote area data gathering expertise…